The latest version of the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 may have come out with the latest Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone, but it’s possible to get it for your LG Optimus 3D P920 through rooting your phone. A word of warning however: rooting your device voids the warranty and the only way to restore the warranty is by installing the original stock firmware.
Before proceeding to root the LG Optimus 3D phone, there are a few things that need to be done:
- LG Optimus 3D with version v20x firmware
- Computer running on Windows and LG ADB drivers installed
- USB cable
- The battery power of the Smartphone must be 60% at least, so that it keeps the device active all through procedure.
- You must keep backups of all data separately before rooting your device.
- You must tap on the Menu-> Settings->Application->Development->USB debugging. Make sure that USB debugging is checked.
Before You Start
- Ensure that the phone is left with a charge of at least 70% so that it doesn’t get turned off during the rooting process.
- Back up all the data on your phone so that it can be restored safely if any data on the phone is lost. Here are suggested tips for doing that:
- Text Messages – Use the SMS Backup and Restore app
- Phone Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Call Log – Use the Call Logs Backup and Restore app
- Pictures, music, videos, files, etc. – Copy to the internal/external SD card
- Internet > MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure to quit programs such as firewalls, antivirus, and tools like Samsung KIES , because these generally tend to interrupt the process of the firmware update.
- Additionally, USB debugging must be enabled on your phone through the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Steps to Root the LG Optimus 3DStep 1: Download Dan Rosenberg’s root exploit ZIP file on your computer.
Step 2: Now extract the ZIP file to a folder using any suitable zip extractor software.
Step 3: Via USB cable connect your phone to your computer.
Step 4: Search for ‘run.bat’ file in the extracted ZIP file.
Step 5: Now double-click the ‘run.bat’.
Step 6: A command prompt window will open and text is appeared on the screen.
Step 7: After the procedure is complete, the command prompt window will notify you that the rooting is finished and now you get the rooting access on your device.
Walla! Your LG Optimus 3D have got rooted.
And feel free to comment...